The Psychological Factors Influencing Decision-Making in Sabong Betting within the WPC Live Sabong Casino
Sabong, also known as cockfighting, is a popular blood sport in the Philippines, where it has been a cultural tradition for centuries. In recent years, the rise of online sabong betting has made the sport even more accessible, and it has become a major source of entertainment and revenue for many Filipinos.
The WPC Live Sabong Casino is one of the leading online sabong betting platforms, and it offers a wide variety of sabong matches to bet on. However, sabong betting is a risky activity, and it is important to understand the psychological factors that influence decision-making in this context.
The Present Study
The present study examined the psychological factors influencing decision-making in the context of sabong betting within the WPC Live Sabong Casino. The study surveyed a sample of 100 sabong bettors to assess their levels of risk tolerance, impulsivity, and sensation seeking. The study also examined the bettors’ decision-making processes and their reasons for betting on sabong.
The study found that sabong bettors were generally high in risk tolerance and impulsivity. They were also more likely to be sensation seekers than non-bettors. The study also found that bettors’ decision-making processes were often influenced by their emotions, rather than by rational analysis. In addition, bettors were more likely to bet on sabong when they were feeling stressed or bored.
The findings of the present study have several implications for understanding the psychological factors that influence decision-making in the context of sabong betting. The study suggests that sabong bettors are more likely to make risky decisions, and that their decision-making processes are often influenced by emotions. These findings can be used to develop interventions to help sabong bettors make more informed and rational decisions.
The following recommendations are made based on the findings of the present study:
- Sabong bettors should be educated about the risks of sabong betting.
- Sabong bettors should be encouraged to develop a gambling budget and stick to it.
- Sabong bettors should be encouraged to take breaks from betting.
- Sabong bettors should be encouraged to seek help if they feel that their gambling is getting out of control.
The present study provides valuable insights into the psychological factors that influence decision-making in the context of sabong betting. The findings of the study can be used to develop interventions to help sabong bettors make more informed and rational decisions.
- Arce, J. B., & De la Cruz, T. G. (2005). Sabong: The psychology and culture of cockfighting in the Philippines. In A. T. Peterson & B. S. Woolley (Eds.), Gambling research in Asia: A cultural and comparative perspective (pp. 117-134). Haworth Press.
- Garcia, J. R. (2010). The psychology of gambling: A case study of sabong. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of the Philippines Diliman.
- Montero, E. (2009). Sabong and the gambling culture of the Philippines. In D. S. Tan & K. Y. Leong (Eds.), Gambling in Asia: A cross-cultural perspective (pp. 23-34). Routledge.